We are looking for an IBM Cloud Software Engineer to join the team involved in the development of the next intelligent big data platform. This position will consist in creating, optimizing, evolving and developing with the IBM Watson Platform ( Cognitives APIs) all relying on IBM Cloud Platform.
- To design and implement the Backend BigData and Cognitives platform (APIs).
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting
- Participate in designing a highly scalable web architecture.
- Support and maintain the web architecture and infrastructure.
- Scale the resources (nodes, clusters) according to the user growth.
- Target for high availability for mass consuming.
- Define specs and communicate clearly with the rest of the team and management.
- Identify new state of the art web patterns, frameworks, environments and adopt them.
- Work in a cross-functional team, including external partners to design the integration with other API’s, mobile apps or big data software.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or significant experience working with highly scalable and available web projects.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Software quality: experience with GIT and Continuous Integration, deployment in multiple environments & automation.
- Backend architecture & infrastructure: experience in scaling & maintaining large web infrastructures
- Experience in Machine Learning and Cognitives Approach
- Experience in BigData and DataScience Culture
- Experience in developing applications running in cloud environments such as SoftLayer, Bluemix, Amazon Web Services, Azure or other cloud providers and prior experience in designing and building components in a cloud environment
- Experience with databases like DB2, MySQL, PostgresSQL or Cassandra.
- Experience with Search like Elastic Search, Solr, Lucene,
- Experience in processing data in formats such as XML, HTML, or JSON in a large scale environment
- Experience in Agile/Test-driven development methodologies
- 5+ years of web engineering / architecture.
- Ability to take ownership of projects with minimal supervision.
- Good level of English / French with good verbal and written communication.
- Swiss working permit or EU citizen.